Tofu and Avocado Egg Rolls
Last updated: March 2022
This delicious and crispy dish makes for a satisfying afternoon snack or lunch.
With nearly 20 vitamins and minerals, the avocado is a powerhouse food. Learn more about the nutritional benefits of an avocado!
- 1 cube Nasoya Teriyaki Baked Tofu
- 3 wrappers, Egg Roll Wraps
- 1/4 avocado, sliced
- 2 tsp. coconut oil
- Optional: Soy Sauce
Makes 2 servings
- On a cutting board, slice a tofu cube into 6 slices, lengthwise.
- Next, cut an avocado in half, then slice half of it into slivers.
- For each egg roll add two slices of the cut tofu to one side of the wrap, then add 2-3 avocado slices on top of the tofu.
- Roll the ingredients inside the wrap, then pinch off the ends to keep the ingredients from falling out.
- In a medium sized frying pan, met coconut oil then place the egg rolls onto the warmed pan.
- Once one side has browned, 3-4 min, flip the egg roll and cook the second side.
- After the egg rolls are cooked, cut each egg roll in half.
- Optional: serve with soy sauce.
- calories: 188
- carbohydrates: 20g
- cholesterol: 5mg
- dietary fiber: 2g
- fat: 9g
- potassium: 89mg
- protein: 8g
- saturated fat: 5g
- sodium: 216mg
- sugars: 1g
Photograph by Christina Saschin. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Have you tried to decrease the amount of bread you eat since being diagnosed with diabetes?
Join the conversation