Toasted Cocoa Cinnamon Bran Flakes
Last updated: April 2023
If you are craving something crunchy yet filling, please give this recipe a try! Enjoy this slightly sweet snack by itself or mix it into plain Greek yogurt.
Makes 3 servings
Serving size: ⅓ cup
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 7 minutes
Ingredients for toasted cocoa-cinnamon bran flakes
- 1 cup bran flakes
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp cocoa
- 1½ tsp Truvia baking blend
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp walnut pieces
Directions for toasted cocoa cinnamon bran flakes:
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl combine all ingredients. Mix together until bran flakes are well coated.
- Spread bran flake mixture evenly onto baking sheet
- Bake at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 5-7 minutes.
Scroll down to see the nutrition facts for this recipe!
- calories: 118
- carbohydrate: 13g
- fat: 8g
- fiber: 3g
- protein: 2g
- sugar: 2g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Have you tried to decrease the amount of bread you eat since being diagnosed with diabetes?
Join the conversation