Toasted Cocoa Cinnamon Bran Flakes
If you are craving something crunchy, please give this recipe a try! Enjoy this slightly sweet snack by itself or mix into plain Greek yogurt.
Interested in more healthy breakfast options? Check out these 7 low carb breakfast ideas!
Serving size: 1/3 cup
Ingredients for toasted cocoa cinnamon bran flakes:
- 1 cup bran flakes
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp cocoa
- 1.5 tsp Truvia baking blend
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp walnut pieces
Directions for toasted cocoa cinnamon bran flakes:
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a small bowl combine all ingredients. Mix together until bran flakes are well coated
- Spread bran flake mixture evenly onto baking sheet
- Bake at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 5-7 minutes
- calories: 118
- carbohydrates: 13g
- fat: 8g
- fiber: 3g
- protein: 2g
- sugar: 2g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Do you live with any sleep disorders (eg. insomnia, sleep apnea, RLS) in addition to your diabetes?