Soup is a great meal option to prep and make ahead of time, then enjoy in no time! This diabetes-friendly taco soup recipe is full of flavor and has only 3 grams of carbohydrates per serving.
Makes 2 servings
Serving Size: 1 bowl
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Ingredients for taco soup
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- ½ lb ground beef
- ½ tomato
- 1 garlic clove
- ¼ onion
- ½ tsp low-sodium taco seasoning
- ¾ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- ½ tbsp olive oil
Directions for taco soup
- On a cutting board, chop garlic, onion, and tomato.
- In a medium-sized frying pan, cook ground beef and add taco seasoning, mixing evenly as the meat cooks thoroughly.
- In a separate smaller frying pan, fry the onion and garlic until golden brown and translucent.
- Once the ground beef has cooked, transfer it to a saucepan, then add the cream cheese, chicken broth, and tomato and mix together.
- Simmer for 20 minutes before serving.
Scroll down to see the nutrition facts for this recipe!
- calories: 282
- carbohydrate: 3g
- cholesterol: 90mg
- fat: 17g
- fiber: 0g
- potassium: 25mg
- protein: 26g
- saturated fat: 7g
- sodium: 183mg
- sugar: 1g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
How well does your doctor explain diabetes care terms to you?