This can be enjoyed with your favorite meat or simply alone. You can have this along with a steak, grilled chicken breast, baked chicken, baked fish, boiled shrimp, baked pork chops, lamb chops, roast beef, turkey, and the list just goes on. Want to take it up a notch? Boil, chill and dice up some shrimp (not included in nutrition facts). With this recipe and any other recipe, moderation is key. Too much of anything can be bad.
Makes 4 servings
Serving size ~ 1 cup
Prep time: 10-15 minutes
Ingredients for TACCO salad
- 1 vine tomato
- 1 Hass avocado
- 1 cucumber
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup onion
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions for TACCO salad
- Start by washing all of your vegetables very well.
- Dice your cucumber, tomato, onion, and avocado into small pieces.
- Add all of the ingredients into a bowl or container of your choice as long as it can be tightly closed.
- Chop your cilantro if you are using fresh and add to the bowl or container.
- Next, add your lemon juice this will help with the avocado browning. Add olive oil to coat.
- Lastly salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir and enjoy. You can either allow to chill or enjoy now.
Notes: You may use dry cilantro but I prefer fresh. There is a big difference in the taste. You can use bottled lemon juice or squeeze a lemon.
- calories: 152
- carbohydrate: 8.5g
- cholesterol: 0mg
- fat: 13.5g
- fiber: 4.2g
- protein: 1.8g
- saturated fat: 2.7g
- sodium: 8mg
- sugar: 2.4g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Do you like to eat grilled cheese sandwiches?