Sweet and Salty Granola Parfait
This yogurt parfait is sugar and spice, and everything nice! It has the sweetness of conventional granola, but with a savory twist! Keep your blood sugars under control with this protein-packed breakfast or snack. This granola has tons of fibrous seeds, nuts, and cereal grains that provide cardiovascular and digestive benefits. Not to mention, it’s paired with a calcium-rich yogurt that offers protective benefits and promotes bone health. Feel great about your meals and fuel your day with whole food nutrition.
Makes: 12 servings
Serving Size: 2oz
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients for sweet and salty granola parfait
- 3 cups rolled oats
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp almonds
- 2 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/8 cup chopped dates
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt per serving
Directions for sweet and salty granola parfait
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, add oats, olive oil, honey, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, almonds, coconut flakes, and salt. Mix until fully incorporated.
- On a baking sheet, spread the granola mixture until evenly distributed. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Flip granola to prevent burning. Cook for an additional 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Once cool, add chopped dates.
- Serve with ½ cup of non-fat Greek yogurt or dairy-free alternative.
- Store remaining in a sealed container.
- calories: 280
- carbohydrate: 34g
- fat: 9g
- fiber: 3g
- potassium: 306mg
- protein: 17g
- saturated fat: 2g
- sodium: 76mg
- sugar: 17g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
How often do you or someone else examine your feet?