Sweet and Salty Chocolate Brittle
Last updated: December 2021
If you are a fan of sweet and salty combinations, you will love this sweet and salty chocolate brittle recipe! I personally could not tell that this recipe is sugar-free, and it easily satisfied my chocolate cravings.
Makes 4 servings
Serving Size: 1 piece
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes (cooling)
Ingredients for sweet and salty chocolate brittle
- 20 grain-free crackers (salted)
- 1 tbsp raw, unsalted peanuts
- 3 tbsp sugar-free chocolate
- 3 tbsp peanut butter (or any nut butter of choice)
- Optional: sprinkle of sea salt on top
Directions for sweet and salty chocolate brittle
- Lay parchment paper over a cutting board or baking sheet.
- Lay crackers flat on the parchment paper.
- Crush crackers with your fingers or with the bottom of a cup or bowl.
- Drizzle peanut butter on top of the crackers. If peanut butter is firm and difficult to drizzle, heat in the microwave for 30-45 seconds.
- Mix crackers and peanut butter on the parchment paper. Spread the mixture flat, to the best of your ability, on the parchment paper.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave for about 30-45 seconds. After the chocolate chips are soft and melted, mix until smooth. You can also melt the chocolate in a pot on the stovetop.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate evenly on top of the crackers and peanut butter.
- Sprinkle peanuts and sea salt on top (optional).
- Place the whole baking sheet or cutting board in the fridge for 30 minutes to allow the chocolate to harden.
- To serve, break brittle into four equal parts. Share with others or store in the fridge for later.
Scroll down to see the nutrition facts for this recipe!
- calories: 276
- carbohydrate: 20.9g
- cholesterol: 0mg
- fat: 19.7g
- fiber: 4.8g
- potassium: 260mg
- protein: 10.3g
- saturated fat: 4.9g
- sodium: 47mg
- sugar: 2.4g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
How often do you find yourself craving sweet snacks?