Sweet Potato Fries
A nutrient-packed side dish to round out your favorite meal. These sweet potato fries are baked to keep them light and they have just the right amount of sweetness.
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne powder
- Preheat oven to 400'F.
- Slice peeled sweet potatoes into even strips (or use a french fry slicer if you have one!)
- In a large bowl, toss sweet potato strips with oil then sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and cayenne, toss to coat.
- Spread sweet potatoes in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake at 400'F for 15-20 minutes (depending on how big your fries are) until fries are cooked through and crisp.
- Serve hot along side your favorite protein such as grilled chicken or fish. These also pair great with my Lettuce-Wrap Burgers!
- calories: 102
- dietary fiber: 3.1g
- potassium: 614mg
- protein: 1.2g
- sodium: 57mg
- total carbohydrates: 21g
- total fat: 1.7g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Did you know that diabetes is a risk factor for developing chronic kidney disease?