Sunny Shrimp Stir Fry
Last updated: June 2023
This dinner is a new twist on a family favorite dish. My family loves stir fry made with loads of teriyaki sauce. The problem is that teriyaki sauce is a higher carb/higher sugar sauce that may not be the best option for those on a reduced carb diet. This recipe features a sauce made up of sunflower seed butter and lite soy sauce in place of teriyaki sauce.
Interested in more low carb versions of classic comfort dishes? Check out 10 Diabetes-Friendly Classic American Foods
Serving Size: ~1-1.5 cup
- 9 oz. shrimp, peeled and deveined cooked, tail-off
- 5 cup bell peppers, cut into strips
- ½ cup shelled edamame (soybeans)
- ¼ cup sunflower seed butter
- 2 tsp. lite soy sauce
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- In a medium size skillet, heat olive oil on stovetop (medium heat)
- Add in bell peppers, cook for 8-10 minutes (stir occasionally)
- Prepare sauce while peppers are cooking on stovetop
- Melt sunflower seed butter in microwave (approximately 20-30 seconds)
- Add soy sauce
- Mix together, using a fork, until well combined
- Add edamame to skillet, cook for 2-3 minutes (stir occasionally)
- Add shrimp to skillet, cook for 3-4 minutes (stir occasionally)
- Use a spatula to pour sauce into stir fry mixture. Stir until all ingredients are well coated with sauce.
- Allow all ingredients to cook on stovetop (medium heat) for another 2-4 minutes
- calories: 285
- carbohydrates: 13g
- fat: 15g
- fiber: 3g
- protein: 27g
- sugars: 6g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Have you ever tried semaglutide treatment?