Sugar-Free Frozen Yogurt
Last updated: October 2021
During a recent 80-degree weekend, I had a strong craving for frozen yogurt. I wanted something creamy and cold, but without all the sugar and dairy. I whipped up this recipe and used unsweetened cashew yogurt and unsweetened oat milk. This is a pretty versatile recipe, so you can really use any yogurt and milk you want.
The flavor of this frozen yogurt is a light lemon-vanilla, but you could add chocolate, peanut butter, coffee, or whatever flavor you are craving!
Makes 3 servings
Serving Size: ½ cup
Prep Time: 6-8 hours
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Ingredients for sugar-free frozen yogurt
- 1.5 cups unsweetened non-dairy or Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup unsweetened non-dairy or regular milk
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 drops liquid monk fruit extract
Directions for sugar-free frozen yogurt
- Pull out an ice tray or a silicone baking mold. Fill the indents will 1.5 cups of your yogurt of choice. Place in freezer.
- After 6-8 hours, take out of the freezer.
- Pop out frozen yogurt cubes into a blender. Add lemon juice, monk fruit extract, and vanilla. Add half the milk, and then blend on high.
- Add more milk if needed, and continue to blend until smooth.
- Serve, and add optional toppings like chopped nuts, sliced fruit or granola. Eat right away because this melts quickly!
- calories: 102
- carbohydrate: 13g
- cholesterol: 0mg
- fat: 6.5g
- fiber: 2.5g
- potassium: 60mg
- protein: 2.6g
- sodium: 81mg
- sugar: 1.3g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you chew your food slowly or quickly?
Join the conversation