Stuffed mushrooms are a perfect snack to bring to the beach or to a potluck.
Ingredients for stuffed mushrooms
- 6 cremini mushrooms
- 6 tbs. original hummus
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. parmesan cheese
Makes 2 servings (each serving is 3 mushrooms)
Directions for stuffed mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- While the oven is heating up, cut off the stems and core out each mushroom.
- Line a baking sheet with tinfoil, then brush mushrooms with olive oil, and add salt and pepper.
- Bake mushrooms for 5 minutes, flip them over to the other side, then bake for another 5 minutes.
- Once the mushrooms are baked, add a tbs. of hummus to each mushroom then top with parmesan cheese.
- calories: 108
- carbohydrates: 8.7g
- cholesterol: 5mg
- dietary fiber: 2.9g
- potassium: 365mg
- protein: 7g
- saturated fat: 1.6g
- sodium: 228mg
- sugars: Photograph by Christina Saschin. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
- total fat: 5.6g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
How often do you or someone else examine your feet?