Steamed Carrots and Cauliflower
This is one of my favorite ways to incorporate healthy veggies with dinner, and do it fast! Steaming vegetables is one of the best ways to cook them because it helps to keep most of their nutrients intact! Grab your steaming basket and let’s cook!
Makes 2 servings
Serving size: ~ 1 cup
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Ingredients for steamed carrots and cauliflower
- 2 cups cauliflower, chopped into smaller pieces
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 tsp paprika
Directions for steamed carrots and cauliflower
- Pour 1-2 inches of water in a large pot and place a steaming basket inside.
- Place over medium-high heat until boiling.
- Add vegetables and cook until softened and cauliflower is slightly yellow - about 4-5 minutes.
- Move to a serving dish and sprinkle with paprika. Serve immediately.
- calories: 40
- carbohydrate: 7.5g
- fat: 0.8g
- fiber: 4g
- potassium: 256mg
- protein: 2.6g
- sodium: 33mg
- sugar: 3.5g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Have you experienced any foot complications from diabetes?