If you are tired of plain old eggs, give this recipe a try! It features cubed squash which is a good source of fiber at 4 gram per serving. The fiber and protein in this breakfast dish will help to keep you feeling satisfied until lunch.
Makes 1 serving
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Ingredients for squash scramble
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup butternut squash, cubed
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
Directions for squash scramble
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk together eggs, squash, parmesan cheese, cinnamon, and salt.
- Spray skillet with cooking spray.
- Heat egg mixture in skillet over medium heat for approximately 5 minutes, until eggs are set.
- calories: 281
- carbohydrate: 16g
- fat: 15g
- fiber: 4g
- potassium: 542mg
- protein: 21g
- sodium: 642mg
- sugar: 3g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Will you help others by taking our Type 2 Diabetes In America survey?