Sprouted Grain and Egg English Muffin
Last updated: March 2022
Is brunch one of your very favorites? Personally, my favorite time of day to eat hot breakfast foods is dinner time! Whatever your preference, this makes a great, fast, and warm meal.
Makes 1 serving
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 7 minutes
Ingredients for sprouted grain and egg English muffin
- ½ sprouted grain English muffin (Ezekiel brand used for this recipe)
- 2 eggs, cracked and whisked in a small bowl
- ½ cup fresh spinach (or whatever fresh greens you have on hand)
Directions for sprouted grain and egg English muffin
- Place English muffin in the toaster.
- Add eggs to warm pan and stir frequently while cooking.
- Once close to done, add in greens and continue cooking until wilted.
- Place on hot English muffin and serve immediately.
- calories: 240
- carbohydrate: 16.7g
- fat: 10.5g
- fiber: 3.5g
- potassium: 274mg
- protein: 16.5g
- sodium: 216mg
- sugar: 1.2g
Photograph by Katie Gutwald. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you chew your food slowly or quickly?
Join the conversation