Spinach Mushroom Frittata
This savory and delicious egg dish is hearty and versatile. Serve it up for breakfast, brunch, lunch or even dinner. It's high in protein and packed with flavor.
- 4 ounces Canadian bacon, diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1-2 tablespoons red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup Sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 cup cooked spinach, chopped (okay to use frozen chopped spinach)
- 5 eggs, well beaten
- 3/4 cup Fat-Free milk (or milk substitute)
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (or other cooking oil)
- Preheat over to 375 degrees F.
- Add 1 1/2 teaspoons of avocado oil to a large saute pan over medium-high heat, add in diced Canadian bacon and saute until rendered.
- Add in garlic, onion and mushrooms and saute a few minutes more until onions and mushrooms are soft and fragrant.
- Stir in sun dried tomatoes and spinach and stir to combine.
- Remove from the heat.
- In a bowl combine milk and well-beaten eggs.
- Once spinach mixture has cooled slightly, mix it into the bowl with the eggs. *If your spinach mixture is too hot it may scramble your eggs
- Pour 1 1/2 teaspoons of oil in the bottom of a glass pie dish and spread the oil around with your fingers.
- Pour combined egg mixture into pie pan and bake at 375'F for 30-35 minutes or until slightly golden around the edges and middle springs back slightly.
Per 82g serving (serves 8)
- calories: 83
- cholesterol: 111mg
- fiber: 0.7g
- potassium: 116mg
- protein: 8.8g
- saturated fat: 1.1g
- sodium: 215mg
- sugars: 3.1g
- total carbohydrates: 4.1g
- total fat: 3.4g
- trans fat: 0g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you or someone you know have gout? (Select all the apply)