Spinach Mushroom Frittata
Last updated: June 2021
This savory and delicious egg dish is hearty and versatile. Serve it up for breakfast, brunch, lunch or even dinner. It's high in protein and packed with flavor.
- 4 ounces Canadian bacon, diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1-2 tablespoons red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup Sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 cup cooked spinach, chopped (okay to use frozen chopped spinach)
- 5 eggs, well beaten
- 3/4 cup Fat-Free milk (or milk substitute)
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (or other cooking oil)
- Preheat over to 375 degrees F.
- Add 1 1/2 teaspoons of avocado oil to a large saute pan over medium-high heat, add in diced Canadian bacon and saute until rendered.
- Add in garlic, onion and mushrooms and saute a few minutes more until onions and mushrooms are soft and fragrant.
- Stir in sun dried tomatoes and spinach and stir to combine.
- Remove from the heat.
- In a bowl combine milk and well-beaten eggs.
- Once spinach mixture has cooled slightly, mix it into the bowl with the eggs. *If your spinach mixture is too hot it may scramble your eggs
- Pour 1 1/2 teaspoons of oil in the bottom of a glass pie dish and spread the oil around with your fingers.
- Pour combined egg mixture into pie pan and bake at 375'F for 30-35 minutes or until slightly golden around the edges and middle springs back slightly.
Per 82g serving (serves 8)
- calories: 83
- cholesterol: 111mg
- fiber: 0.7g
- potassium: 116mg
- protein: 8.8g
- saturated fat: 1.1g
- sodium: 215mg
- sugars: 3.1g
- total carbohydrates: 4.1g
- total fat: 3.4g
- trans fat: 0g
Photograph by Kelly Dabel. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you chew your food slowly or quickly?
Join the conversation