Spinach, Feta, and Tomato Egg Bake
Embrace all-day breakfast vibes with this "eggstraordinary" baked dish!
It can be challenging to eat a variety of vegetables first thing in the morning. But, this dish can serve as a canvas for your colorful culinary creations. The more colors in your meals, the more diverse your nutrient intake. A good rule of thumb is to aim to include a minimum of three different colorful vegetables in every dish to optimize your phytonutrient intake.
Make this dish hearty with a side of whole-grain bread, salad, or fresh fruit. Cook it once and enjoy it for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
Makes: 3 servings
Serving Size: ⅓ egg bake
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Ingredients for spinach, feta, and tomato egg bake
- 6 large eggs
- 3oz reduced fat feta cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ⅓ cup red onion
- 2 gloves garlic
- 5 cups raw baby spinach
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 Roma tomato
Directions for spinach, feta, and tomato egg bake
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl, dice onions and chop garlic. Set aside.
- In a large frying pan on medium-high heat, add oil, garlic, and onions. Cook until onions are translucent—approximately 2 minutes.
- Add spinach to the pan mixture. Cook until wilted. Then, add feta cheese. Mix until fully incorporated.
- In a large bowl, crack, and whisk eggs. Combine pan mixture into eggs. Add salt and mix until combined.
- Pour mixture into an 8x8 oven pan. Top with sliced tomatoes. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat. Allow cooling for 10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
- calories: 217
- carbohydrate: 8g
- fat: 14g
- fiber: 3.5g
- potassium: 269mg
- protein: 14.5g
- saturated fat: 4g
- sodium: 394mg
- sugar: 2g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
How often do you visit the Type2Diabetes.com community?