Spicy Steamed Baby Carrots
Are you tired of the same old vegetable side at dinner? Try this simple and delicious recipe for a fun way to change it up! Carrots are a great source of beta-carotene and fiber, and the small baby carrot size makes it a dish even the kids will gobble up!
Makes 3 servings
Serving size: 10 carrots
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 7-10 minutes
Ingredients for spicy steamed baby carrots
- 30 baby carrots
- 1 tsp Everyday Seasoning by Trader Joe’s (Can use crushed red pepper flakes instead if desired!)
Directions for spicy steamed baby carrots
- Heat a small saucepan with about 1 inch of water to boiling.
- Add steaming basket filled with baby carrots and cover.
- Cook about 7-10 minutes or until carrots reach desired consistency.
- Sprinkle with seasoning and serve warm.
- calories: 37
- carbohydrate: 8.5g
- fat: 0.2g
- potassium: 249mg
- protein: 0.7g
- sodium: 78mg
- sugar: 4.9g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Have you experienced any complications from diabetes?