Spicy Steamed Baby Carrots
Last updated: March 2022
Are you tired of the same old vegetable side at dinner? Try this simple and delicious recipe for a fun way to change it up! Carrots are a great source of beta-carotene and fiber, and the small baby carrot size makes it a dish even the kids will gobble up!
Makes 3 servings
Serving size: 10 carrots
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 7-10 minutes
Ingredients for spicy steamed baby carrots
- 30 baby carrots
- 1 tsp Everyday Seasoning by Trader Joe’s (Can use crushed red pepper flakes instead if desired!)
Directions for spicy steamed baby carrots
- Heat a small saucepan with about 1 inch of water to boiling.
- Add steaming basket filled with baby carrots and cover.
- Cook about 7-10 minutes or until carrots reach desired consistency.
- Sprinkle with seasoning and serve warm.
- calories: 37
- carbohydrate: 8.5g
- fat: 0.2g
- potassium: 249mg
- protein: 0.7g
- sodium: 78mg
- sugar: 4.9g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Have you tried to decrease the amount of bread you eat since being diagnosed with diabetes?
Join the conversation