Sour Cream Coffee Cake
This coffee cake is quick and easy to make, ideal for any occasion and a real crowd pleaser!
Interested in even a lower-carb cake recipe? Check out this Lemon Cardamom Cake recipe!
- ¼ lb (8 tbsp) butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
1 Serving (1/12th of cake)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Cream butter and sugar; beat in eggs then sour cream.
- Sift flour, baking powder and baking soda; then add to mixture.
- Pour in vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Combine topping ingredients and set aside.
- Into a greased spring-formed pan, pour ½ the batter and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle on half the topping.
- Pour in the other half of the batter, spread evenly. Finish with the rest of the topping.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Let cool before removing spring form sides.
- calories: 204
- carbohydrates: 24.9g
- cholesterol: 58mg
- fat: 10.6g
- fiber: 0.6g
- potassium: 254mg
- protein: 2.8g
- saturated fat: 6.4g
- sodium: 185mg
- sugars: 10.3g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Have you experienced any foot complications from diabetes?