Sliced Apple Nachos
Fruit on its own can be a healthy snack, but sometimes I want something extra to go with my fruit. I took inspiration from traditional savory nachos to drizzle apple slices in nut butter and yogurt and added toppings like sunflower seeds, cacao nibs, and hemp seeds.
The best part is that this recipe is very flexible, and you can get creative with the toppings you use. Chopped nuts and toasted shredded coconut would also be great on top!*
*If you are aware that fruit and apples have the potential to spike your blood sugar, try using half of an apple instead, or sharing this with someone. Green apples tend to have slightly less sugar than other apples.
Makes 1 serving
Serving Size: 1 apple
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Ingredients for sliced apple nachos
- 1 apple
- 1.5 tbsp of nut butter of choice
- 2 tbsp of unsweetened vanilla yogurt
- 1 tsp of sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp of hemp seeds
- 1 tsp of unsweetened chocolate chips or cacao nibs
- Any other toppings you want to put on top!
Directions for sliced apple nachos
- Chop apple into slices, and arrange on a plate.
- Drizzle nut butter and yogurt on top. If the nut butter is very thick, you might need to mix it with a little bit of water in order to drizzle it on top.
- Sprinkle toppings over apple slices.
- calories: 327
- carbohydrate: 39.9g
- cholesterol: 0mg
- fat: 18.5g
- fiber: 9g
- potassium: 465mg
- protein: 8.2g
- sodium: 22mg
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Have you taken our In America Survey yet?