Simple and Delicious Brussels Sprouts
When I was little I hated Brussels sprouts - most likely because the few times my mom attempted to cook them, she boiled them. NOT GOOD. Not good at all. Now that I’m older and wiser, I've learned that roasting is the way to go when it comes to making tasty (and super easy) Brussels sprouts!
The following recipe is simple, super delish, and quick - prep time and baking time combined is maybe 25 minutes.
Makes 2 servings
Serving size: 1/2 cup
Ingredients for simple and delicious Brussels sprouts
- 1 cup Brussels sprouts
- 1 clove garlic
- 1-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Sprinkle of sea salt
- Sprinkle of black pepper
- Squeeze of lemon juice
Directions for simple and delicious Brussels sprouts
- Preheat your oven to 450.
- Wash Brussels sprouts and pat them completely dry.
- Slice sprouts in half lengthwise.
- Place sliced sprouts and garlic in a bowl, douse with 1 to 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Sprinkle lightly with sea salt and generously with cracked black pepper.
- Pour mixture onto a lipped baking sheet - with the Brussel sprouts flat side down.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes take the baking sheet out of the oven and pour Brussel sprouts into a bowl. I use the original mixing bowl from step 4 that’s still coated in EVOO, squeeze some fresh lemon over the mix and you’re good to go!
- calories: 141
- carbohydrate: 4.5g
- cholesterol: 0mg
- fat: 14.2g
- fiber: 1.7g
- protein: 1.6g
- sodium: 11mg
- sugar: 1g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
How often do you visit the Type2Diabetes.com community?