Shrimp, Sausage and Zucchini
Make this delicious dish to have for the week, with many leftovers, or for a family dinner.
Want more healthy dinner ideas? Check out these recipes for more low carb dinner ideas!
Ingredients for shrimp, sausage and zucchini recipe
- 2 turkey (Jennie-O) sausages
- 1/2 lb shrimp
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- salt and papper to taste
Directions for shrimp, sausage and zucchini recipe
- In a medium sized pan, fry sausage for 10-15 min, flipping it halfway through to insure it is cooked all the way through, then slice into bite sized pieces.
- While the sausage is cooking, dice veggies, then fry in a separate pan, adding in the spices and seasoning.
- Shell and slice shrimp before cooking.
- Once the shrimp is peeled, fry in a frying pan for 10 minutes, until they are thoroughly cooked, then cut them into bite sized pieces.
- Mix all of the ingredients into a large pot, then serve.
- calories: 189
- carbohydrates: 7g
- cholesterol: 119mg
- dietary fiber: 3g
- fat: 11g
- potassium: 244mg
- protein: 22g
- saturated fat: 2g
- sodium: 465mg
- sugar: 4g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Did you know that diabetes is a risk factor for developing chronic kidney disease?