Fresh seafood meal coming right up to satisfy your seafood craving and to make a delicious, healthy dinner!
Did you know the American Diabetes Association and heart association recommend eating fish twice per week for heart health benefits? Learn more by checking out this article!
- 9 stems of asparagus
- 1/2 lb. Texas gulf shrimp
- 1/4 tsp Lemon pepper
- 1/4 lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Seasame seeds
- 1/2 tsp Minced garlic
- 1 tsp Coconut oil
- On a cutting board, trim the bottom of the asparagus.
- In a large frying pan, fry asparagus on low in olive oil, adding minced garlic and seasame seeds.
- Defrost shrimp, then remove the shell.
- Fry shrimp in coconut oil for 10 min, season with lemon pepper and lemon juice from the lemon.
- Slice the remaining lemon and plate with shrimp and asparagus.
- calories: 165
- carbohydrates: 1g
- cholesterol: 0mg
- fat: 8g
- monounsaturated fat: 4g
- potassium: 18mg
- protein: 24g
- saturated fat: 2g
- sodium: 72mg
- sugar: 0g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Do you live with any sleep disorders (eg. insomnia, sleep apnea, RLS) in addition to your diabetes?