Shredded Coconut Bites
Last updated: March 2022
Inspired by the farmers market, you can make these coconut bites right in the comfort of your own home.
Interested in learning more about the health benefits of coconut? Check out this article!
- 1 package firm tofu
- 1 oz. flour
- 6 tbs. shredded coconut flakes
- 1/2 egg
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 BBQ wing sauce
- On a cutting board, cut tofu into cubes.
- Crack egg onto a plate and mix together for an egg dip. Pour coconut flakes onto a plate and flour onto another plate in order to dip the tofu cubes.
- Dip each side of the tofu cube first into the egg mixture, than the flour, and finally into the coconut flakes.
- Pour olive oil onto a pan and heat.
- Add the tofu cubes and turn with tongs, browning each side.
- Dip tofu cubes and fry them in batches in order for the cubes to brown and not burn.
- Add the tofu bites to a bowl and serve with BBQ sauce.
- calories: 359
- carbohydrates: 13g
- cholesterol: 331mg
- dietary fiber: 2g
- fat: 35g
- potassium: 260mg
- protein: 17g
- saturated fat: 15g
- sodium: 81mg
- sugars: 6g
Photograph by Christina Saschin. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Have you tried to decrease the amount of bread you eat since being diagnosed with diabetes?
Join the conversation