In lieu of eating eggs with sausage links, wrap hard boiled eggs in sausage to create this British breakfast.
Ingredients for scotch eggs
- 1.5 oz. lean turkey breakfast sausage
- 1/3 cup rice krispies cereal, crushed
- 2 eggs, hard-boiled
Makes 1 serving
Directions for scotch eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Pour cereal into a plastic bag and use a rolling pin or hands to crush the cereal until it becomes a powder consistency.
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil, then add eggs.
- Simmer eggs for 4 minutes, then drain the water and let the eggs cool.
- Using a spoon, scoop out the sausage from its packaging and make two small patties on a cutting board.
- Peel the hard boiled eggs, and place an egg on top of each patty.
- Take additional sausage and cover the hard boiled eggs completely with the sausage.
- Transfer the scotch eggs onto a cookie sheet using a spatula and bake for 15-20 minutes, until the sausage is completely cooked and the top turns brown.
- calories: 259
- cholesterol: 351mg
- potassium: 210mg
- protein: 17.2g
- saturated fat: 5.3g
- sodium: 399mg
- sugars: 1.7g
- total carbohydrates: 9.0g
- total fat: 16.8g
- trans fat: 0.1g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Have you experienced any foot complications from diabetes?