Savory Acorn Squash With Toasted Almonds
Last updated: March 2022
Get ready to fall in love with these fall flavors. Its sweet yet warm aroma will bring back memories of cozy sweaters, hot cider, and seasonal activities. It’s packed with cinn-fully delicious, savory flavors and crunchy textures that will make your tastebuds sing. This recipe not only soothes the soul but the body as well.
It contains fiber-filled ingredients that help maintain blood sugar control, digestive function, immune health, and keeps you satiated between meals. While cinnamon may pleasure your senses, its polyphenol content can also improve healthy gut bacteria, inflammation, and glucose control.1 It’s a cinna-mighty nutrient! Enjoy this savory squash dish as an entrée or a side dish to your favorite protein. This dish is total “squash-goals!”
Makes: 2 servings
Servings Size: ½ squash
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 60 minutes
Ingredients for acorn squash with toasted almonds
- 1 acorn squash (4” diameter, 15 oz)
- 1/4 cup (1 oz) chopped almonds
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Pinch of cinnamon
Directions for acorn squash with toasted almonds
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Wash outside of squash then cut in half.
- Remove seeds and scrape inside clean, and drizzle 1 tsp olive oil per half.
- With flesh side up, place squash on a baking sheet. Bake for approximately 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes, place almonds inside the center of the squash. Bake for additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Dust outside of squash and nuts with cinnamon.
- Let cool for 10 minutes.
- calories: 211
- carbohydrate: 25.5g
- fat: 11g
- fiber: 5g
- potassium: 820mg
- protein: 5g
- saturated fat: 1.5g
- sodium: 6.5mg
- sugar: 0.5g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Have you ever tried semaglutide treatment?