When the weekend comes, I like to enjoy a refreshing drink as I wind down from the busy work week. This sangria drink is light on calories and is very easy on my diabetes. Doesn’t hurt that it also contains some antioxidants too. Enjoy!
Please drink responsibly and within your limit, and always remember what alcohol can do to your blood sugars.
Makes 1 serving
- 17g blackberries, raw (approximately 3 large)
- 12 g blueberries, raw (approximately 10 small)
- 0.5 cup water, plain, carbonated
- 0.5 cup sangria, alcoholic
- Wash blackberries and blueberries
- Add to a large wine glass
- Add cold carbonated water
- Add cold sangria
- calories: 99
- carbohydrates: 14.62g
- cholesterol: 0mg
- fat: 0.16g
- fiber: 1.3g
- potassium: 121mg
- protein: 0.46g
- saturated fat: 0.01g
- sodium: 16mg
- sugar: 11.5g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Do you know someone living with kidney cancer?