Although it is small, my husband is committed to planting a garden each year. He always chooses fresh herbs and one of our very favorites is rosemary. The strong aroma and taste can take any dish to the next level. Try this quick recipe for a side at your next meal. It will not disappoint!
Makes 1 serving
Ingredients for rosemary carrots
- 2 medium carrots, sliced into discs
- 1 sprig of rosemary, leaves rinsed and removed
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ tsp olive oil
Directions for rosemary carrots
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Add carrots and cook approximately 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to medium and add water and rosemary.
- Cover and let steam for another 5-10 minutes, or until carrots reach desired texture.
- Serve immediately.
- calories: 60
- carbohydrate: 12g
- fat: 1.2g
- fiber: 3.4g
- potassium: 390mg
- protein: 1.2g
- sodium: 84mg
- sugar: 6g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Will you help others by taking our Type 2 Diabetes In America survey?