Although it is small, my husband is committed to planting a garden each year. He always chooses fresh herbs and one of our very favorites is rosemary. The strong aroma and taste can take any dish to the next level. Try this quick recipe for a side at your next meal. It will not disappoint!
Makes 1 serving
Ingredients for rosemary carrots
- 2 medium carrots, sliced into discs
- 1 sprig of rosemary, leaves rinsed and removed
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ tsp olive oil
Directions for rosemary carrots
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Add carrots and cook approximately 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to medium and add water and rosemary.
- Cover and let steam for another 5-10 minutes, or until carrots reach desired texture.
- Serve immediately.
- calories: 60
- carbohydrate: 12g
- fat: 1.2g
- fiber: 3.4g
- potassium: 390mg
- protein: 1.2g
- sodium: 84mg
- sugar: 6g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Did you know that diabetes is a risk factor for developing chronic kidney disease?