Quick Roasted Veggie and Tofu Bowls
Sometimes making a healthy meal can feel daunting. After a long day of work, checking blood sugars, and family responsibilities, it can feel easier to just drive-thru for fast food.
I made this the other night and was shocked by how quick and delicious it turned out in just 20 minutes! Tofu is a great plant-based protein, combined with fiber-rich greens, this bowl gives a satisfying crunch.
Makes 2 servings
Serving Size: 1 cup broccoli, 1 cup green beans, ½ tofu
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients for quick roasted veggie and tofu bowls
- 2 cups pre-sliced broccoli
- 2 cups green beans
- 1 package tofu, drained
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
Directions for quick roasted veggie and tofu bowls
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice tofu into three thin rectangles. Use a paper towel to absorb the extra moisture. Then cut into smaller cubes.
- Place broccoli, tofu, and green beans onto a large baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with cumin and chili powder.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then flip everything with a spatula. Bake for another 10 minutes. Everything should be browned and softened.
- Serve immediately. Can be topped with your favorite salad dressing.
Scroll down to see the nutrition facts for this recipe!
- calories: 315
- carbohydrates: 25g
- fat: 15.7g
- fiber: 12g
- potassium: 981mg
- protein: 29g
- sodium: 114.5mg
- sugar: 8.45g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Has diabetes changed your exercise routine?