Roasted Vegetable Chopped Salad
Last updated: November 2021
As a big fan of salads, I am always looking for new ways to change them up. Roasted vegetables are a great way to incorporate new flavors and textures into your lunch or dinner option.
Often, I will make a large batch of roasted vegetables and use them throughout the week. They are great on salads but also sandwiches and as a side for dinner! Use this recipe as is, or have fun and pop in some of your own favorite vegetables!
Makes: 1 serving
Serving Size: 1 salad
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients for roasted vegetable chopped salad
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- ½ cucumber, sliced
- ½ bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup green beans, chopped
- 4 cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ tsp cumin
Directions for roasted vegetable chopped salad
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place green beans, tomatoes, and bell peppers on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with cumin.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until they are soft and slightly browned.
- Place spinach in a large bowl.
- Cover the spinach with roasted vegetables, cold vegetables and eggs.
- Serve immediately with dressing if desired.
- calories: 254.4
- carbohydrate: 23g
- fat: 10.8g
- fiber: 8.4g
- potassium: 1498.5mg
- protein: 21.2g
- sodium: 277mg
- sugar: 8.4g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Have you tried to decrease the amount of bread you eat since being diagnosed with diabetes?
Join the conversation