Roasted Broccoli Side Dish
Last updated: February 2023
If you are looking for a simple and nutritious side dish that doesn't take much time to prepare or cook but packs loads of flavor, look no further! This roasted broccoli is one of my go-to vegetable side dishes since it goes well with most meals, and everyone loves it. When living with type 2 diabetes, including fiber-filled non-starchy vegetables in your regular eating plan is a great way to achieve a satisfying meal and balance blood sugars.
Makes 4 servings
Serving Size: ½ cup
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Ingredients for roasted broccoli side dish
- 2 cups broccoli florets, chopped into small pieces
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp olive oil
Directions for roasted broccoli side dish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix broccoli, salt, pepper, cumin, and olive oil well in a bowl until evenly distributed.
- Spread the broccoli onto a large non-stick sheet pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until broccoli is slightly browned and soft.
Scroll down to see the nutrition facts for this recipe!
- calories: 40
- carbohydrate: 6g
- fat: 1.3g
- fiber: 3g
- potassium: 229mg
- protein: 2g
- sodium: 32mg
- sugar: 1g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you find it difficult to "eat right" and stick to a nutrition plan?