Ridiculously Amazing Roasted Beets
Have you been challenging yourself to find new and interesting ways to eat more vegetables? If not, consider this recipe your invitation! The American Diabetes Association recommends eating at least 3 to 5 servings of vegetables daily, and more is even better for health.1
Beets are an awesome vegetable that boasts loads of fiber and antioxidants. Beets are also considered non-starchy vegetables. This recipe makes enough beets to use throughout the week as snacks, sides, and even on top of salads.
Makes 3 servings
Serving Size: 1 beet
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Ingredients for ridiculously amazing roasted beets
- 3 large beets
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
Directions for ridiculously amazing roasted beets
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Chop stems off of beetroots.
- Scrub beets well with water.
- Chop beets into thin semi-circles.
- Spread beets across a large non-stick baking sheet.
- Toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until soft and fragrant.
Scroll down to see the nutrition facts for this recipe!
- calories: 35
- carbohydrate: 5g
- fat: 4.6g
- fiber: 1g
- potassium: 153mg
- protein: 1g
- sodium: 691mg
- sugar: 4g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
When it comes to type 2 diabetes, I'm most worried about:
Join the conversation