My most favorite way to eat cauliflower is to roast it in the oven until it is lightly crispy on the outside and soft in the inside. It’s so easy to make and yummy to eat!
Serving size 5
- 1 cauliflower (about 600g/21oz)
- 2 tbs olive oil
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp chilli powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Pre-heat a moderate oven (180°C/350°F)
- Slice the cauliflower (it will start to crumble and break into smaller pieces)
- Spread the cauliflower out on a baking tray
- Brush with the olive oil and sprinkle (or use a small sieve) the spices over the cauliflower
- Place the tray into the oven for 20-30min until lightly browned
- Remove the tray from the over, spread the spinach over the top and place back into the oven for 5-10mins until the spinach has wilted and slightly browned
- Remove from the oven and enjoy!
- calories: 108
- cholesterol: 0mg
- fiber: 5.4g
- potassium: 580.4mg
- protein: 4.4g
- saturated fat: 0.9g
- sodium: 55.5mg
- sugars: 3.1g
- total carbohydrates: 4.4g
- total fat: 6.9g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
How long have you been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes?