Reduced Carb Hot Cocoa
As the temperatures start to drop, one of my favorite drinks is a warm cup of hot chocolate. This recipe is a reduced carb version of the more traditional high carb hot chocolate beverage. It is sure to keep you feeling warm on a cool day.
- 6 oz. almond milk (product used for this recipe: Silk Original Almond Milk)
- 1 tbsp. chocolate peanut butter powder (product used for this recipe: Bell Plantation's PB2 (Powdered Peanut Butter) with Chocolate)
- 1 tsp. cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp. Splenda
- Wisk together almond milk, cocoa powder and chocolate peanut butter powder in a glass measuring cup
- Heat in microwave for 60-90 seconds
- Stir in Splenda
- Poor into your favorite mug and enjoy!
- calories: 71
- carbohydrates: 10g
- fat: 3g
- fiber: 2g
- protein: 3g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Do you live with any sleep disorders (eg. insomnia, sleep apnea, RLS) in addition to your diabetes?