Reduced Carb Cornbread
Last updated: December 2022
At my house, cornbread is one of our favorite quick breads to bake and enjoy. I decided to create a recipe that was lower in carbohydrates than the traditional cornbread recipes I have used in the past. Try pairing these muffins with your favorite chili or vegetable soup.
Makes 12 servings
Serving size: 1 muffin
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20-30 minutes
Ingredients for reduced carb cornbread
- ½ cup yellow corn meal
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup old fashioned oats
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup Truvia Baking Blend
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
Directions for reduced carb cornbread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Coat muffin tin with baking spray or muffin liners.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a separate, medium size bowl, combine wet ingredients.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix them together using a handheld mixer.
- Stir in walnuts, chopped pieces.
- Use a medium-sized cookie scoop to distribute the mix into the muffin tin, about ¾ of the way full.
- Bake muffins at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 17 to 20 minutes (until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean).
- Allow muffins to cool on a cooling rack for 10 to 20 minutes before serving.
Scroll down to see the nutrition facts for this recipe!
- calories: 177
- carbohydrates: 17g
- fat: 12g
- fiber: 2g
- potassium: 32mg
- protein: 3g
- sodium: 185mg
- sugar: 0g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you chew your food slowly or quickly?
Join the conversation