Reduced Carb Cornbread
At my house, cornbread is one of our favorite quick breads. I decided to create a recipe that was lower in carbs than the traditional cornbread recipes I have used in the past. Try pairing these muffins with your favorite chili or vegetable soup.
Interested in learning more about other low carb alternatives? Check out this article!
Serving size: 1 muffin
- 1/2 cup Quaker Yellow Corn Meal
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup Quaker Old Fashioned Oats
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup Truvia Baking Blend
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/4cup milk
- 1/4 cup walnuts pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Coat muffin tin with baking spray or muffin liners
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl
- In a separate, medium size bowl, combine wet ingredients
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix together using a handheld mixer
- Stir in walnuts pieces
- Use a medium-size cookie scoop to muffin tin ¾ of the way up
- Bake muffins at 350 degrees for 17 to 20 minutes (until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean)
- Allow muffins to cool on cooling rack for 10 to 20 minutes.
- calories: 177
- carbohydrates: 17g
- fat: 12g
- fiber: 2g
- potassium: 32mg
- protein: 3g
- sodium: 185mg
- sugar: 0g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Have you experienced any foot complications from diabetes?