Purple Cabbage Slaw
When summer rolls around there’s an abundance of excuses to make some coleslaw. Great to top meat or sandwiches, or even have on its own, this quick coleslaw recipe is crunchy and tangy! Give it a try at your next barbecue or just as a quick salad for lunch.
Wondering how many carbs there are in some popular BBQ dishes like baked beans and potato salad? Check out this article to find out!
Makes 1 serving
Ingredients for purple cabbage slaw
- 2 cups shredded purple cabbage (I use a cheese grater to shred it)
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp peppers
Directions for purple cabbage slaw
- Place all ingredients in large mixing bowl and stir well.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to eat!
- calories: 123
- carbohydrates: 19.5g
- fat: 0.3g
- fiber: 4.7g
- potassium: 698mg
- protein: 11.6g
- sodium: 785mg
- sugar: 10.3g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Do you live with any sleep disorders (eg. insomnia, sleep apnea, RLS) in addition to your diabetes?