Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
If you are looking for a reduced carb breakfast idea that is also kid-friendly, this recipe may be the answer! These pancakes feature pumpkin puree and old fashioned oats. The batter can be made ahead of time to save some time. Top the pumpkin cakes with Greek yogurt or fresh berries.
Interested in other low carb breakfast ideas? Check out this article!
Servings: 8 cakes (approximately 4 inches in diameter)
Serving size: 1 cake
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 1 tbsp. + 1 tsp. Truvia Baking Blend
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pumpkin spice
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup walnut pieces
- In a medium size bowl, combine dry ingredients: old fashioned oats, ground flaxseed, Truvia Baking Blend, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin spice
- In a separate medium size bowl, whisk together wet ingredients: eggs, pumpkin puree, and vegetable oil
- Pour dry ingredients into bowl with wet ingredients. Mix together using either a stand mixer or hand mixer
- Gently fold in walnut pieces
- Spray skillet with cooking spray
- Use ice cream scoop to portion cakes
- Scoop batter on to skillet, heat on medium heat for 5 minutes (each side)
- calories: 172
- carbohydrates: 12g
- fat: 13g
- fiber: 3g
- protein: 5g
- sugars: 1g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Has diabetes changed your exercise routine?