Pork Chops and Cauliflower Rice
Substitute cauliflower for rice in this dish.
Did you know cauliflower is low in carbohydrates? Read more about the health benefits of cauliflower in this article.
Ingredients for pork chops and cauliflower rice
- 4 pork chops
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups cauliflower heads
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. basil
- 2 garlic cloves
Makes 4 servings
Directions for pork chops and cauliflower rice
- Using a meat tenderizer, pound pork chops until they are flattened out to half their original height.
- Add salt, pepper, and crushed garlic cloves to cauliflower and roast on a cookie sheet for 15 minutes at 325 Fahrenheit.
- Add 1 tbs. olive oil to a medium-sized frying pan. Crumble the cauliflower and place in frying pan.
- Add 2 tbs. parmesan cheese and 1 egg to the cauliflower in the frying pan and pan fry until cheese is melted.
- Crack an egg into a shallow bowl and mix until the yolk and egg whites are mixed together.
- Add whole wheat bread crumbs to a plate.
- Dip each pork chop into the egg mixture, then into the bread crumbs.
- Pan fry each pork chop in olive oil for 10-15 minutes, flipping when it is halfway cooked.
- Add pork chops and cauliflower rice to each plate and serve.
- calories: 328
- calories from fat: 203
- carbohydrates: 9.1g
- cholesterol: 110mg
- dietary fiber: 2.3g
- fat: 22.6g
- potassium: 534mg
- protein: 21.8g
- saturated fat: 8.1g
- sodium: 143mg
- sugars: 2.3g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
How long have you been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes?