Poached Egg & Avocado
Swap out a slice of toast for an avocado to get more omega 3s in your diet.
How can omega 3 fatty acids benefit health? Check out this article to learn more!
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 egg
- 1/2 slice bacon
- 1 tbs vinegar
Makes 1 serving
- Cut the avocado in half; if you would like to double the recipe, you can use the other avocado half for a second serving.
- Next fry bacon on a small pan until it becomes crispy.
- In order to poach the egg, boil water, then add 1 tbs vinegar to the water.
- Using a whisk, stir the water in one direction in order to create a whirlpool of water.
- Crack the egg and place it gently into the swirling water. The egg whites should start to form over the egg yolk. Turn off the boiling water and let the egg cook for 5 min.
- Using a slotted spoon, take out the cooked egg then place it onto the sliced avocado.
- Crumble the bacon onto the poached egg and serve.
- calories: 209
- carbohydrates: 7g
- cholesterol: 190mg
- dietary fiber: 5g
- fat: 17g
- potassium: 443mg
- protein: 9g
- saturated fat: 4g
- sodium: 156mg
- sugars: 1g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Have you experienced any vision issues after being diagnosed with type 2 diabetes?