Serve this party pop for dessert or for snacking. If larger quantities are desired, this recipe can easily be double or tripled. This recipe is a great way to curb your sweet tooth without the guilt that often comes after eating a high carb/high sugar dessert.
Interested in more low-carb/low-sugar desserts? Check out this article for more diabetes-friendly dessert ideas!
Serving Size: 1 cup
- 3 cups air popped popcorn
- ¼ cup crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tsp cocoa, unsweetened
- 1 tsp Truvia baking blend
- ¼ cup walnut pieces
- Place popcorn in a large mixing bowl
- In a small bowl, melt peanut butter in microwave (approximately 20 seconds)
- Stir into melted peanut butter: cocoa, Truvia baking blend and walnut pieces until well combined
- Use a spatula to pour peanut butter mixture onto popcorn
- Gently mix all ingredients until popcorn is complete coated with peanut butter mixture
- Allow mixture to rest for 1-2 hours before enjoying!
- calories: 222
- carbohydrates: 14g
- fat: 18g
- fiber: 4g
- protein: 8g
- sugars: 2g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Did you know that diabetes is a risk factor for developing chronic kidney disease?