Parmesan Zucchini Noodles
Last updated: August 2019
This recipe features zucchini noodles which make a great pasta alternative. It’s also a great way to sneak in an extra serving of vegetables. Enjoy this dish as a side to your favorite fish or chicken meal.
Interested in more pasta alternatives? Check out these 10 pasta substitutions!
Serving Size: ~1.5 cups
Ingredients for parmesan zucchini noodles:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- 3 cups zucchini noodles
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup crushed walnuts
Directions for parmesan zucchini noodles:
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, and salt
- Pour olive oil mixture into medium-size skillet
- Stir in zucchini noodles
- Heat zucchini noodles on the stovetop over medium heat for 5-10 minutes
(a longer amount of time will be required if the noodles are not completely thawed)
- Stir in parmesan cheese and crushed walnuts
- Heat mixture for another 2-3 minutes
- calories: 192
- carbohydrates: 8g
- fat: 18g
- fiber: 3g
- potassium: 76mg
- protein: 5g
- sodium: 105mg
- sugar: 5g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Have you tried to decrease the amount of bread you eat since being diagnosed with diabetes?
Join the conversation