Oven Roasted Vegetable Medley
Roasting vegetables enhances their flavor and leaves them perfectly tender and sweet with a crisp outside. They make a colorful and tasty side dish and often are liked by even the pickiest of eaters.
Ingredients for oven roasted vegetable
- 1 medium yellow squash, cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in large chunks
- 1/2 cup Baby Bella mushrooms, sliced or whole
- 1 medium zucchini, cubed
- 2 cups Butternut squash cubes
- 2 cups Broccoli florets (approx 1 medium head of broccoli)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon Avocado Oil, Refined
Directions for oven roasted vegetables
- Preheat oven to 425'F.
- Combine all vegetables in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in salt, herbs and oil and stir until veggies are well coated.
- Spread vegetables in a single layer on a shallow, rimmed baking sheet pan and bake at 425'F for 25-35 minutes, toss veggies once, half-way through baking.
- Vegetables are done when they are tender, golden and fragrant
Tip: Try to cut all your veggies into cubes that are approximately the same size for more uniform cooking.
Note: Cooking at a high temperature not only reduces your overall cooking time but helps achieve a caramelized and crispy outside, and a just-cooked-through inside.
Note: Baby Bella's are simply mini Portabello mushrooms, which can be found in the fresh produce section of your local grocery store. You could choose to use a button mushrooms instead but portabellos are heartier and tend to hold their shape and texture better when roasted.
Per 1/2 cup serving (serves 8)
- calories: 62
- cholesterol: 0mg
- fiber: 2.0g
- potassium: 260mg
- protein: 1.8g
- saturated fat: 0.5g
- sodium: 87mg
- sugars: 2.5g
- total carbohydrates: 7.0g
- total fat: 3.7g
- trans fat: 0g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Has diabetes changed your exercise routine?