Oven Roasted Vegetable Medley
Roasting vegetables enhances their flavor and leaves them perfectly tender and sweet with a crisp outside. They make a colorful and tasty side dish and often are liked by even the pickiest of eaters.
Ingredients for oven roasted vegetable
- 1 medium yellow squash, cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in large chunks
- 1/2 cup Baby Bella mushrooms, sliced or whole
- 1 medium zucchini, cubed
- 2 cups Butternut squash cubes
- 2 cups Broccoli florets (approx 1 medium head of broccoli)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon Avocado Oil, Refined
Directions for oven roasted vegetables
- Preheat oven to 425'F.
- Combine all vegetables in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in salt, herbs and oil and stir until veggies are well coated.
- Spread vegetables in a single layer on a shallow, rimmed baking sheet pan and bake at 425'F for 25-35 minutes, toss veggies once, half-way through baking.
- Vegetables are done when they are tender, golden and fragrant
Tip: Try to cut all your veggies into cubes that are approximately the same size for more uniform cooking.
Note: Cooking at a high temperature not only reduces your overall cooking time but helps achieve a caramelized and crispy outside, and a just-cooked-through inside.
Note: Baby Bella's are simply mini Portabello mushrooms, which can be found in the fresh produce section of your local grocery store. You could choose to use a button mushrooms instead but portabellos are heartier and tend to hold their shape and texture better when roasted.
Per 1/2 cup serving (serves 8)
- calories: 62
- cholesterol: 0mg
- fiber: 2.0g
- potassium: 260mg
- protein: 1.8g
- saturated fat: 0.5g
- sodium: 87mg
- sugars: 2.5g
- total carbohydrates: 7.0g
- total fat: 3.7g
- trans fat: 0g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.net cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original. Scaling only applies to the ingredient measurements: no adjustment is made to the recipe instructions, so pan sizes and cooking times and ingredient amounts referred to in the text of the recipe only apply to the original number of servings.
Do you have high blood pressure?