One Pan Chicken Fajitas
Looking for a balanced meal that's quick and easy? Something that has protein, veggies, and whole grains? Look no further! This is meal has it all, from seasoned chicken breasts to a colorful rainbow of peppers on a whole wheat tortilla. And once cooked, the fajitas can be frozen for future use. Enjoy!
Makes 10 servings
Serving Size: 1 cup
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Ingredients for one-pan chicken fajitas
- 2 whole, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 red or white onion, julienned
- 1 red pepper, julienned
- 1 green pepper, julienned
- 1 yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 orange pepper, julienned
- 2-3 tbsp fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp dried cumin
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp low fat sour cream, optional for garnish
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and sliced, optional for garnish
- 8 inch whole grain tortillas
Directions for one-pan chicken fajitas
- Heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix garlic powder, oregano, cumin, 1 juiced lime, and olive oil in a bowl. Set aside.
- Slice chicken into thin slices. Add to a large bowl with onions and peppers.
- Pour oil mixture over chicken and vegetables and toss until coated.
- Spread chicken and vegetables in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Cook for 25-35 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Remove from oven. Pour juice from one lime over top. Sprinkle with fresh cilantro.
- Serve with whole-grain tortillas. Garnish with jalapeño slices and sour cream, if preferred.
- calories: 124
- carbohydrate: 7.9g
- cholesterol: 14mg
- fat: 7.9g
- fiber: 1.7g
- potassium: 201mg
- protein: 7.3g
- saturated fat: 1.1g
- sodium: 48mg
- sugars: 1.9g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Will you help others by taking our Type 2 Diabetes In America survey?