Last updated: March 2022
This recipe is a great breakfast option to enjoy after a morning workout. The carbs will help replenish your muscle glycogen stores (sugar stored in your muscles), while the protein and fiber will help keeping you feeling satisfied until lunch.
Interested in other low-carb breakfast ideas? Check out this article!
- 1/4 cup Quaker Old Fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp walnut pieces
- 2 tbsp coconut flakes, unsweetened
- 1/2 tsp Truvia Baking Blend
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Using a microwave safe bowl, heat oats and water in microwave for 30 seconds
- Mix in the remainder of the ingredients into oats (walnuts, coconut, Trivia Baking Blend, cinnamon, and vanilla extract)
- calories: 254
- carbohydrates: 20g
- fat: 18g
- fiber: 4g
- protein: 5g
- sugar: 2g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you chew your food slowly or quickly?
Join the conversation