Oat Prune Bars
This recipe is higher in carbs, making it a great on-the-go breakfast to be enjoyed after an early morning workout. Prunes, old fashioned oats, and a few other key ingredients come together for just the right amount of sweetness. If you don’t have prunes, raisins or dried cherries make a suitable alternative.
Interested in more on-the-go healthy meal ideas? Check out this article!
Serving size: 1 bar
- 1 cup prunes
- 1½ cup Quaker Old Fashioned Oats
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed meal
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Truvia Baking Blend
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray 9” by 9” baking dish with cooking spray
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, cover prunes with water (until just covered)
- Heat prunes in the microwave for 45 to 60 seconds
- In a large bowl mix together old fashioned oats, flaxseed meal, eggs, peanut butter, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and Truvia Baking Blend until well combined
- Stir in prunes
- Spread mixture into baking dish
- Bake at 350 degrees for 17-20 minutes
- calories: 216
- carbohydrates: 28g
- fat: 10g
- fiber: 4g
- protein: 7g
- sugar: 8g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
How long have you been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes?