Mushroom Riced Cauliflower-Risotto Alternative
Last updated: May 2021
This recipe reminds me of risotto but with just a fraction of the carbohydrates. Truffle oil, mushrooms, and parmesan cheese complement each other perfectly in this side dish.
Makes 4 servings
Serving size: ~ 1 ¼ cup
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Ingredients for mushroom riced cauliflower-risotto alternative
- 3 cups riced cauliflower
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- ½ tbsp truffle oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- Pinch of salt
Directions for mushroom riced cauliflower-risotto alternative
- Using a medium-size skillet, heat truffle oil on medium heat.
- Stir in the riced cauliflower and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add sliced mushrooms to riced cauliflower and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Mix in balsamic vinegar, parmesan cheese, and a pinch of salt.
- calories: 60
- carbohydrate: 5g
- fat: 3.2g
- fiber: 2g
- potassium: 115mg
- protein: 5g
- sodium: 141mg
- sugar: 2g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you chew your food slowly or quickly?
Join the conversation