Mushroom, Kale Quinoa Salad
Last updated: June 2023
The scent of this dish cooking will be sure to get people running to the kitchen saying “that smells good!” Not sure what it is about the combination of mushroom and garlic that makes it work so well, but it does!
Gluten free, dairy free, vegan and vegetarian friendly.
Serve this salad a side dish or with a tin of tuna for a quick lunch or sliced grilled fish, chicken or red meat for a warm salad.
Serving size: 2
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 Portobello mushrooms
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 firmly packed cups kale leaves (roughly pulled apart and stem removed)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Pre-heat a moderate oven (180°C/350°F)
- On one baking tray spread the kale and on another place the two mushrooms (top down)
- Sprinkle the crushed garlic on the mushrooms, then drizzle over half of the olive oil
- Drizzle the remaining olive oil over the kale and then rub the oil into the kale leaves a little bit
- Place the mushrooms in the oven for 15 mins, then add the tray of kale for a further 5-10 mins until the kale is crispy, then remove from the oven
- In a bowl stir the cooked quinoa, kale, sliced mushroom and salt and enjoy!
- calories: 179
- carbohydrates: 13.4g
- fat: 10.9g
- fiber: 3.7g
- potassium: 551mg
- protein: 5.5g
- saturated fat: 1.6g
- sodium: 274.9mg
- sugars: 1.9g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
How often do you find yourself craving sweet snacks?