Mexican Stuffed Peppers
Looking for a new way to mix up taco night? These are a family favorite. Loaded with lean proteins and plenty of flavor, these Mexican stuffed peppers are easy to make and easy to enjoy!
Makes 5 servings
Serving size: 1 pepper
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Ingredients for Mexican stuffed peppers
- 5 bell peppers, tops cut off and hollowed out
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup salsa
Directions for Mexican stuffed peppers
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Place cut peppers in boiling water and cook for 10 minutes to soften.
- In the meantime, brown ground chicken in a pan. Once cooked through drain excess fat.
- Add black beans and salsa and mix well.
- Evenly divide into 5 bell peppers. Place in a baking dish and set in oven for 20-25 minutes or until peppers are soft and insides are bubbling.
- Serve immediately.
- calories: 261
- carbohydrate: 25g
- fat: 7.7g
- fiber: 8.7g
- potassium: 692mg
- protein: 29g
- sodium: 829mg
- sugar: 6.2g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Do you like to eat grilled cheese sandwiches?