Maple Cinnamon Chia Seed Pudding
Last updated: December 2021
Are you looking for a breakfast option that can keep up with your busy lifestyle? Chia seeds to the rescue! The high-fiber content of chia seeds can ward off mid-morning hunger, distracting stomach grumbles, or unwanted snacking.
This maple-flavored meal also makes for a perfect grab-and-go option for those who would rather snooze than spend precious morning time prepping breakfast. Match your every morning mood by topping with ingredients such as nuts and fruit.
Makes 1 serving
Serving Size: 1 pudding
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Ingredients for maple cinnamon chia seed pudding
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp slivered almonds
Directions for maple cinnamon chia seed pudding
- In a small storage container or glass jar, add chia seeds and almond milk. Close the container and shake. Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Add maple syrup and ground cinnamon to the opened container.
- Close and shake vigorously, ensuring that seeds do not get stuck to the bottom of the container.
- Place in fridge for approximately four hours or overnight.
- Remove from fridge.
- Top with slivered almonds.
- calories: 293
- carbohydrates: 23g
- fat: 17.5g
- fiber: 17g
- potassium: 378mg
- protein: 12g
- saturated fat: 1g
- sodium: 123mg
- sugar: 8.5g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you chew your food slowly or quickly?
Join the conversation