Make-for-Later Broccoli Egg Muffins
Finding a high-protein breakfast that will help keep you satisfied until lunch can be somewhat of a challenge. And if it also needs to be convenient, that can make it extra difficult! These egg muffins are simple to make ahead, ready to heat up and eat before you head out the door. Since they are low in carbohydrates, they are also a great option when you are living with type 2 diabetes!
Makes 6 egg muffins
Serving size: 1 egg muffin
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Ingredients for make-for-later broccoli egg muffins
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- ¼ cup skim milk
- ½ cup Monterey jack shredded cheese
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
Directions for make-for-later broccoli egg muffins
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place 6 cupcake liners in a cupcake pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir all ingredients until well mixed.
- Evenly distribute mix into all 6 liners. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Eat immediately or refrigerate and reheat in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- calories: 106
- carbohydrate: 2g
- fat: 7g
- fiber: 0.7g
- potassium: 152mg
- protein: 8.3g
- sodium: 128mg
- sugar: 1g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
How stressed out do you feel today?