Lunch Prep Chickpea Salad
Eating for one? Eating on a budget? Interested in doing more meal planning? This is the recipe for you! It will check off every single one of those boxes, while also boasting healthy ingredients and superb taste. Try making it on Sunday night and having it for lunch Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Your week just got easier, and healthier!
Makes 3 servings
Serving size: ~1 cup
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Ingredients for lunch prep chickpea salad
- 1 medium celery stalk, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 3 cherry tomatoes, diced
- 2 tbsp Italian dressing (brand used for this recipe was Organic Simply Balanced)
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
Directions for lunch prep chickpea salad
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Serve immediately and refrigerate leftovers.
- calories: 178
- carbohydrate: 26.3g
- fat: 5g
- fiber: 10g
- potassium: 91mg
- protein: 7.5g
- sodium: 219mg
- sugar: 3.3g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Do you live with any sleep disorders (eg. insomnia, sleep apnea, RLS) in addition to your diabetes?